
JABBERSVILLE (DWN)
Local Resident Arthur "Art" Davis expressed outrage after listening to Prodigy's The Fat of the Land. "I don't know what I was expecting but it didn't deliver," said Davis, 33, "I saw the crab on the front of the album and I was all ready from some bad-ass electronic music but when I started listening I mean the music was pretty intense but in no way did it live up to that crab." Davis a self proclaimed "music idiot" who admits to never buying any music produced after the 1890's was lured into purchasing the album purely on the strength of its cover.
The album cover in question features a crab rising out of the water with its pincers raised in an aggressive manner. "When I saw that at the store I just had to buy it," said Davis showing his age by admitting to still purchasing music legally at a store. "I mean I'd heard a little about them and I thought that a team-up of that group and that cover couldn't go wrong." Davis however was left "unimpressed" by the big beat electronica on the disc. "Music like that shouldn't have that bad-ass of a crab on the cover."
At a Local Best Buy on Tuesday however Davis was in the minority with most people stating that the album did live up to the crab. Chester Harper was patronizing the store at the same time as Mr. Davis and felt that the music was even more "bad ass" then the crab would suggest.
"I was blown away by how bad ass the music was," Harper said, "I mean that crab was cool but have you listened to "Smack My Bitch Up Lately"?"
Davis feels that there is much to be learned from his ordeal. "I would advice people to actually listen to the music before buying it instead of just judging it by the cover. You can't judge an album by its cover thats how the saying goes right?"
Davis next plans to purchase Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here because of the "bad-ass Flaming Guy on the cover."
No comments:
Post a Comment